Monday, September 30, 2013

Catch Me When I Fall


Photo: Safely In His Arms by Dee Kamp
 
Catch Me When I Fall

With a deep breath I drew up all my strength to climb up the steps of the crowded shuttle bus. With a too large carry-on bag, a purse slipping off my shoulder and a camera case slung over the other shoulder I was wondering how I was going to manage it.

I could feel the anxious crowd behind me eager to get on board too. I gave a mental heave-ho and lifted the carry-on up the first step. But I didn’t make it to the second step! To my horror I felt myself careening backwards falling fast out of the shuttle van.

The eternal God is your refuge,

and his everlasting arms are under you.”

 Deuteronomy 33:27 NLT

 

Just before I crashed into others and hit the ground I was amazed to feel strong arms underneath me and lifting me upright again. It wasn’t until I managed to find a seat that I could look around in search of my rescuer.  

 

 I looked up and there stood a very tall man with a big cowboy hat on his head and boyish grin smiling down at me. I felt my face burning red with embarrassment as I thanked him, and happily heard him say, “Everyone needs help when we have to carry too much It happens to all of us from time to time.”  

 

There are times in our life when we need a lift, when we could sure use someone’s strong arms to catch us when are falling. Falling not always in the physical way― but emotionally from our heavy burdens― when life throws us off balances and threatens to gets us down.

 

We are always in God’s strong arms to catch us when we fall. We can count on our loving Father to lift up our spirits, encourage us with loving kindness, and comfort our hearts to help us climb on board life’s crazy journey over and over again.

 

“I can face that which I must endure while in my Father’s arms.”―Miriam Brown

 

“Catch Me When I Fall” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© September 30, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment