Monday, January 25, 2016

Levi's Wall


 
Levi’s Wall

There it was displayed so clearly on my computer screen- a most amazing photo of our little preschool great grandson Levi scaling one of those indoor rock walls!

 He led me to a place of safety, he rescued me because he delights in me….You light a lamp for me. The LORD, my God, lights up my darkness. In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.” Psalm 18:19, 29 NLT

You had to smile at his look of victory and pure joy as he reached for yet another hold to make it to the top. Little Levi thought he was able to do all this rock scaling on his own, but he had forgotten that below him was his daddy holding on to the safety  harness and a hand lifted up to catch him should he fall.

All of us have had at one time or another a Levi wall to climb. Sometimes pride made us think it’s by our own abilities and gosh, we were doing so well!  But as will happen in life, one misstep, or one look down and reality sets in. If we make it, it was God who made it possible, never us.

Its times like this, one is able to recall all those impossible walls we had to scale in the past. All the times in the valley when strength was gone, and we couldn’t see our way. Yet there it was, God’s Light of hope and love shining a way to keep going. When we slipped and fell, it was the Lord who was our harness, it was His hand that gave us a lift up.  

Like Levi’s daddy who would never let him climb alone, so too we can count on our Father in heaven to be there for us in every adventure, every life challenge, and every step along the way.

“When you enter His presence with praise, He enters your circumstances with power.” Author unknown

“Levi’s Wall” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© January 25, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment