Thursday, June 30, 2016

Dead End Roads or New Beginnings


 
Dead End Roads or New Beginnings

I love to photograph pathways, trails and narrow roads in the forests, to the ocean, in the desert and along old roads. Some of the photos show these paths, trails and roads leading off to what appears to be dead ends. But do they?

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.” Psalm 139:10-11 NIV

I wonder to myself, why have I never noticed all these beautiful and interesting paths before? How many have I over looked and how many times have I anticipated where they lead, worried what it would take to follow them, and wondered  who can I trust to lead the way?

In Ephesians 1:4 we learn we can rest assured God has chosen us before the foundation of the world and trust He has designed and created a path for our lives that that is uniquely created for us in every season of our lives.

If we trust the Lord with all our hearts, the One who knows us best, we will discover those new paths that look like they are going nowhere are not dead ends at all― but fresh new beginnings.

“God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises…leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself.” –Dietrich Bonhoeffer

“Dead End Roads” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© June 30, 2016

 

No comments:

Post a Comment