Monday, December 12, 2016

Prosperity Beyond Expectation


Mt. Rainier by Dee Kamp
 
Prosperity Beyond Expectations

I love when this happens. It always catches me by surprise. When I least expect it the Lord will hold His finger down on the sentence in a verse I am reading in my Bible and I simply can’t move on. Today it was from Psalm 128.

Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in His ways. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.” Psalm 128:1-2 NIV

I heard the Lord whisper in my heart, “Prosperity is more than you think it is. The real worth of heavenly prosperity is not in the abundance of wealth or things, but by My prosperity of grace, hope, love and mercy, and peace.”

I picked up one of my favorite devotionals My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. I thought there probably wasn’t going to be a topic day in there with prosperity in it, ― surely not.

But most assuredly there it was for me to see on June 2nd.  And oh how the Lord used it to bless me a greater understanding of His prosperity and the importance of my obsession for Him.

Blessings of prosperity are the gift fruits from the obsession for God. Obsession for God fills us with blessed assurance of His unfailing love. And even in those trials and unforeseen circumstances in life, God will increase the prosperity of calm in the most crucial times and events in our lives.

The world offers too many opportunities to obsess on things that are not good for us health wise or heart wise. But a heartfelt obsession for God will literally save our life, give us strength to sustain us, joy that is infectious, hope for tomorrow and heavenly prosperity beyond all our expectation.

 “If we are obsessed by God, nothing else can get into our lives-not concerns, nor tribulations, nor worries….God will cause us to “dwell in prosperity” keeping us at ease, even in the midst of tribulation, misunderstanding, and slander if our “life is hidden with Christ in God” (Colossians 3:3).” Oswald Chambers My Upmost for His Highest

 

“Prosperity Beyond Expectation” His Hopeful Word Today by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© December 12, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment