Friday, June 7, 2013

No River Alone





Canadian Geese by Dee Kamp
No River Alone

Its 5 AM and I tip toe quietly over the graveled path so as not to disturb my camping neighbors. I wonder as I walk to the high bank overlooking the Pend Oreille River what lesson the Lord has for me today in the parables of His creation. 

I look up into the sky but the local osprey and bald eagles are nowhere in sight. I look down upon the river and there is my lesson for the day. Floating by is a flock of Canadian Geese with their eight darling goslings.

The goslings are nestled tightly between their parents.  Like feathered body guards the parents act as a shield guiding the young against the river’s strong current. I reflect on this sight and understand God’s lesson for me today. These goslings never face a river alone.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
 I will counsel you and watch over you.” Psalm 32:8 NIV

In all of life there will be found special revelations through Christ and the Scriptures in what God presents to us through His creation. There are signposts; there are sunsets, sunrises and scenes on the river that speak of His power, of His divine nature and of His great love for us.  

Sometimes life’s a dream swim along smooth waters; sometimes it feels we only fight the strong currents of our circumstances. But by His Word we can be assured we never face a single day without God by our side.

In the whisper of the reeds along the river, in the sight of geese swimming there is a lesson in faith to always trust in God in all the circumstances of our life.

 Like the wings of the mother goose within touch of her young, so too is our loving Father close beside us. We never face a river alone.

“We Never Face A River Alone” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© June 6, 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment