Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Whisper Not the Roar







Journaling With Jesus
Today I share with you the words Jesus impressed upon my heart while reading my Bible and journaling His Word.
 
“The Whisper Not the Roar”
June 19, 2013

Then he was told, “Go, stand on the mountain at attention before God, God will pass by.”
A hurricane wind ripped through the mountains  and shattered the rocks before God, but God wasn’t to be found in the wind; after the wind an earthquake, but God wasn’t to be found in the earthquake; and after the earthquake fire, but God wasn’t in the fire; and after the fire a gentle and quiet whisper. When Elijah heard the quiet voice, he muffled his face with his cloak, went to the mouth of the cave and stood there.” 1 Kings 19:11-13 The Message

“You are beloved and in whom I take notice. Listen to Me when I call. Yes, I am the whisper not the roar. When there is loud confusion and distractions remember, I am the quietness of your soul in the midst of every storm.

You have seen my glory, My majesty in the heavens above you in sunrises, sunsets and even in great storms. Relax, rest in Me, there is greater beauty than even this waiting for you in heaven.

Obey and study my laws; listen to your heart where I live. I will teach you, guide you and lead you to paths of righteousness for my name sake.  Be still and know, as never before in your life time, My presences is in you, around you, above you. For I Am your God and I alone love you with a jealous love. I am careful to not break you and I am here to supply whatever you need. Have I not always provided for you? Listen with your heart; fill your soul with My Word for its food which will always nourish you.

Be still in every storm. I have you in my arms. Feel that peace within you that passes all understanding in the midst of difficulties, circumstances, events, trials and situations.  I am here, I am near-always. Trust in Me, I see ahead. Do not look back; do not stretch your neck out to see ahead, do not hang your head down. The old saying, “chin up” is you looking up to me all through your day. Seek Me often for My grace is sufficient, I am your strength.

Blessed is the one who calls upon My name. I hear your prayers, let go and let me lead today. Don’t worry if the sun will shine or it will rain. Let go of those little efforts to control everything and searching for what will make you happy. Your joy is found not in things or events but in your sharing everything in your life with Me.  

Keep on reaching out in compassion to others. You can’t see it, but one touch by your kindness and love touches many, and for many generations. Like a ripple in a pool one little pebble of kindness begins to spread out in ways you cannot see, and is it the beginning of a sweeping tide of love.   Love is stronger than the will that stands against it. Be patient and see I am always in every act of love, not matter how small or insignificant it may appear to you. I am the whisper not the roar, wait upon Me.

 “The Whisper Not the Roar” form Journaling with Jesus by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries, June 19, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment