Monday, August 25, 2014

Not Seen With the Eye


The Lam points the Way: Photo by Dee Kamp
 
Not Seen With the Eye

I have a writer’s office. And for those who write, you will know what I mean. Lest we fail to get inspired, or heaven help us forget something we may need later on, there are sticky notes galore, photos, quotes and pages of ideas tucked here and there and everywhere. I’m cocooned in friendly familiar clutter.

The other day with my sleeves rolled up, so to speak, I was about to begin a project when I couldn’t find my special computer glasses.

“Bill,” I called out, as I dashed about the house, “Have you seen my computer glasses? I’ve been looking for an hour and can’t find them anywhere!”  

As I stand before him, he can hardly speak for laughing and says, “Dear they are sitting on top of your head!”

Has this happened to you? You are searching for something and discover you’ve had it all along?

Well I thought of my missing eye glasse folly this morning when I read Luke 17 today. Jesus was patiently trying to tell the Pharisees that what they searched for had already come.

One day the Pharisees asked Jesus, “When will the Kingdom of God come?” Jesus replied, “The Kingdom of God can’t be detected by visible signs. You won’t be able to say, ‘Here it is! Or ‘It’s over there!’ For the Kingdom of God is already among you.” Luke 17:20-21 NLT

The Kingdom of God is not like an earthly kingdom with land boundaries. It begins with believing in Jesus and the work of God’s Holy Spirit in our lives and in our relationships.

We need not look to institutions or programs for evidence of God’s Kingdom or evidence of Jesus. Instead we need only to look for what God is doing in heart of people.

It’s our honor and joy to share the valuable discovery of God’s Kingdom living within us. When we choose Jesus to come and live in our heart we already have what we have been searching for all our lives ―His Kingdom promise of hope, joy and unfailing love.  God’s Kingdom is not seen with the eye, but with the heart.

“Not Seen With the Eye” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© August 25, 2014

 

No comments:

Post a Comment