Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Gate Was Closed


Garden Gate by Dee Kamp
 
The Gate Was Closed

As we strolled the beautiful old gardens open to the public in our area, we were awed by the beauty of the three story high blooming rhododendrons of every color imaginable. From bloom to bloom we wandered, a little bit of heaven on earth. Then I came upon a garden gate which was closed and locked, no one was allowed to enter.

 Therefore Jesus said again,” I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.”… Whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture….”  John 10 NIV

I could see through the gate, paths lined with flowers, trees in bloom and I so desired to walk through this gate to see them all. But I was not allowed, for it was to a private area of the gardens.

 It was at that moment I heard the Lord whisper in my heart, “Remember, I am your heavenly Gate.”  

Jesus’ promise of salvation, the key to the gate of forgiveness, the gate to unconditional love, peace, healing, and joy is free to everyone and Jesus holds the key. He is the key!

Although so many people live in this world feeling like there are nothing but closed gates, and dead ends, we can assure them that our hope is in Jesus, who is the Gate that is never locked but held open by all who have faith in Him.

The glories of heaven await

For those who believe

 The Son of God is our Gate

 

The trials of this life fade away

When we recall it’s the Heavenly One

We’ll see face to face one day

“The Gate Was Closed” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© April 28, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment