Friday, May 15, 2015

Undersized Lily Pads and Oversized Goldfish


Frogs and goldfish by Dee Kamp
 Undersized Lily Pads and Oversized Goldfish

When I least expect it, in places quite ordinary, the Lord will share with me a bit of His wisdom, a living parable.
It was barely dawn on this lovely May morning as I stepped through the soft dewy grass towards the little pond in our yard.  I tried not to startle the frogs and the goldfish and take their picture. But just then two tiny green frogs hopped off a lily pad and two very large goldfish streaked to hide underneath of it. But the sight of this made me laugh and I found myself saying:
 “Silly fish, only your heads fit under that little lily pad, you’re whole hind ends are sticking out!”
In that next moment I heard that gentle whisper in my heart, “You can never hide from Me.”
If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans,

even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.”

Psalm 139:9-10 NLT

Our amazing God is omnipresent, He is present everywhere. No matter what place we dash off to and whatever we try and hide under, God is always with us. Whether it’s from danger, from disturbing people, and troubling circumstances, we can breathe a sigh of relief knowing we are always in God’s comforting presence.

In His Word we gain wisdom and in real life situations that He will draw our attention to we learn it’s wiser to trust in Him than anything the world tries to offers.

 And the Lord’s lesson for me today was―do not be like those oversized goldfish trying to hide beneath undersized lily pads― trust in Him!

 “To flee unto God is the only stay which can support us in our afflictions, the only armor which renders us invisible.” John Calving

“Undersized Lily Pads and Oversized Goldfish” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© May 15, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment