Monday, September 21, 2015

Just Around the Corner


Just around the corner by Dee Kamp
 
Just Around the Corner 

Bobby Stray was my first ever, very best friend beginning when we were just seven years old. And Bobby always had something new to share with me. Like what his wonderful prize was in the box of Cracker Jacks, and the time he was super excited about what he received in the mail after saving all those cereal box tops.

 On that sunny day one summer he ran up to my house knocking and shouting “It came! Hurry up come outside now!”

He held a long tube of card board tucked tightly under his arm as he began to run back to his house yelling over his shoulder again, “Hurry up! Follow me quick!”

“Where are you going?” I called out trying to catch up.

“To the chicken coop where my brother is collecting egg right now. I heard he talks to the chickens but no one has ever seen him before. This new invention can see around corners and no one can see us!”

Faith is the confidence that we hope for will actually happen;

it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.” Hebrews 11:1 NLT

 

We aren’t meant to see around the corner of our tomorrows, or see all the plans God has in store for us. But rather He delights in us when are as trusting in childlike faith what He has in store for us every day.

Even in the dreary times, we can recall all God has done for us and feel the sweet delight of anticipation that our Father has something new and fresh for us- just around the corner.  It’s those everyday surprises when you can honestly can say, “That was You God, wasn’t it?” For daily blessings are daily reminders of God.

That new invention didn’t work very well for us kids. We hid behind the chicken coop and put the tube with the little mirror inside up close to the coop and Bobby peeked inside to spy on Bobby’s big brother.  But we were found out before we could see around the corner because we were giggling too much in delightful anticipation!

Today my prayer is: “Lord, I don’t need to see around the corners, I trust in You. Please fill me great with faith so I am filled with childlike anticipation of what blessings you have in store for me that I may share with others how much you love us.”

There shall be showers of blessing”-

This is the promise of Love;

There shall be seasons refreshing

Sent from the Savior above.” ―Whittle




“Daily Blessings are Daily Reminders of God” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© September 21, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment