Wednesday, September 30, 2015

When Streams and Dreams Disappear



Ludlow Falls by Dee Kamp
 

When Streams and Dreams Disappear

            Nearby where we live a delightful stream that tumbles over a pretty water fall deep in the woods. When I took my friend there this summer and we followed the well-marked trail along she called out to me, “Hey! I think we’ve taken a wrong turn! The stream has disappeared!”
“Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said,
rivers of living water will flow within them.”
John 7:38 NIV
 
            Faith looks up and keeps traveling along the path of life, even when we lose sight of the water- when we feel we have lost sight of God moving in our lives.

            Beloved, have you had a great disappointment, a sorrow, a feeling of loss and perhaps weary of waiting for answers to prayer?

            Have faith with great hope!  For God’s love for you is unfailing, never ending and His Rivers of Living Waters is still flowing within you.

             You may not see the Lord right now, but He always has His eye on you. In these times there will be blessings you could never otherwise experience, and many who witness this will have a greater light of understanding of God’s love and faithfulness too.

            We weren’t lost on the way to the falls that day, and the little stream hadn’t quit or dried up. I pointed out to my friend a marker on a stump that read:

At this point this little stream goes under ground for a while but will soon appear again.”

            When streams and dreams may seem to disappear ―we can always be assured, God is ever near.


“I do not ask that He must prove

His Word is true to me,

And that before I can believe

He first must let me see.

It is enough for me to know

‘Tis true because He says ‘tis so’

On His unchanging Word I’ll stand

And trust till I can understand.―E.M. Winter,
                                                                       

 
“When Streams and Dreams Disappear” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© September 30, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment