Monday, October 26, 2015

Easier to Put Socks on a Rooster


Olympic Peninsula Barn by Dee Kamp
 
Easier to Put Socks on a Rooster

(Tales from Life in Beaver Valley)

“How ya doing with building that new fence down near the creek on your land?” I asked the local farmer and steady customer at the Beaver Valley Store.

 “It’s easier putting socks on a rooster than dig those post holes, but God is always good to see us through,” he declared with a big smile.

                                                I will praise the LORD at all times.                            

I will constantly speak his praises.

I will boast only in the LORD;

let all who are helpless take heart.

Come, let us tell of the LORD’s greatness;

let us exalt his name together.” Psalm 34:1-3 NLT

 

I chuckled at the farmer’s response in typical country jargon that was sprinkled with flavor and humor. But I observed from those years in the store, that those who spoke the most about God’s goodness chose to focus on the Lord’s mercy and grace rather than on their troubles. In doing this, they always tasted God’s goodness and mercy.

It seems to me, that those who have the most to thank God for in their life trials are those who have the most trials to be thankful for. I still have the picture in my mind of the rooster in socks, but the lasting picture for me is how good it was to witness God’s goodness in their life.

With every posthole dug, with every trial traversed over fields and beyond they showed us all how God is always with them every step of the way.

 “Those who bless God in their trials will be blessed by God through their trials.”― Joanie Yoder “God Alone”
“Easier to Put Socks on a Rooster” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© October 26,

No comments:

Post a Comment