Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Song in the Storm



Storm by Dee Kamp

A Song in the Storm

I held on tight to my hat as I headed down the long driveway to the mail box the other day. The November gale winds were showering leaves all over me and the snapping of branches high above me was giving me great concern.  

  Just as I was about to pass a thicket of juniper bushes a sound so sweet floated by surprising me and bringing me to a stop, despite the storm.  

 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them that those who love your name may rejoice in you.” Psalm 5:11 NIV

The joy of the Lord often comes to us in the little unexpected moments. The joy of the Lord is often unassuming and yet it’s so profoundly strong to lift our spirits just when we need it the most. It’s the moments of joy I our lives we remember the longest and we will continue to do so when are in constant awareness of His nearness in our lives.

As stood still I began to turn slowly from left to right trying to see what was making this delightful song at this unexpected time; and I nearly missed it all together.

There just a few feet from me was a little brown song sparrow snuggled under the branches shielded from the storm by our Creator, singing a song so sweet it made me smile and carry this joy in my heart all day.

 “Whether here, or there, in the earth-world, or in the spirit world, this is My reward. Joy. The Joy that carries an exquisite thrill in the midst of pain and poverty and suffering. That Joy of which I said no man could take it from you…”― A.J. Russell from, God Calling

“A Song in the Storm” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© November 17, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment