Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Ten Thousand Reasons



Song Sparrow by Dee Kamp
 
Ten Thousand Reasons
 

We all have thousands of human reasons to worry, we have thousands and more worldly reasons to fear thrown at us every day. But we have ten thousand reason and more to sing and praise the Lord every day for all that He has done for us.

And there He is when we call on Him, pleasantly surprising us by how swiftly He comes near, how close to us He is at every given moment, and how sometimes He will even delight our souls in a surprising way.  

It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to the Most High.
It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening,…
You thrill me, LORD, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done. O LORD what great works you do!” Psalm 92:1-5 NLT

In my quiet time alone with God this morning, when my heart was still and my mind at rest I heard this sweet old hymn sweep sweetly over me.
Who can but smile at such an experience? I, gave a nod of my head as I looked above and said once again, “That was You God, wasn’t it?”
 Here is one part of this grand old song I heard in my heart today… may it bless you.

Ten Thousand Reasons (Bless the Lord)

The sun comes up,

It’s a new day dawning-

It’s time to sing Your song again.

Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me,

 Let me be singing when the evening comes.

....
Bless the Lord O my soul, O my soul

Bless His holy Name

Sing like never before, O my soul

I worship Your holy Name.



“Ten Thousand Reasons” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© November 11, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment