Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Finding Peace in the Most Unlikely Place


 
Finding Peace in the Most Unlikely Place

I leaned over the gigantic counter display of children’s books and reached as far as I dare while still hanging on to my shopping cart for fear it would be swept away in the river of humanity flowing all around me.

I caught sight of a big Bible lying there for sale, and I looked up and smiled and sighed. The woman next to me said, “Wow, you look happy! How can you be so peaceful in this hectic mess?”

I pointed to the Bible, I pointed up, and she smiled too. No words were needed, God had just giving both of us nudge to remember Him there.

 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7 NIV

I am reminded once again,  it is only by receiving all God’s Gift of His Son that we can discover the true spirit of season and find joy and a peace that goes beyond all worldly understanding no matter where we are, not matter how crazy loud it might be.

“I didn’t think it possible,

in a crowd, to be

touched

jostled

elbowed into

your peace, Lord.

It makes me smile to recognize your

Suffusing

invading

pursuing presence,

calling, cajoling;

A delicate whisper

overwhelming

even this noise”
―Gary Wilde The Power of Prayer

 

“Finding Peace in the Most Unlikely Place” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© December 22, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment