Sunday, February 28, 2016

Hope Never Says Too Late


 
 
 

Hope Never Says Too Late

May the God of hope fill you

 With all joy and peace as you trust in Him,

so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 15:13

The word hope is what gets me out of bed in the morning. Hope is the chauffeur that drives me through the day. When there is nothing else, there is hope.

I remember a woman who often came into our little country store and had a very hard life. There seemed to be one thing after the other going wrong. She would come into our store and buy only a few items at a time, for money was short. Her husband was ill and her children were in much need. She always had a smile, and surprisingly, this woman was the one who cheered others up! She would say the same thing every time when someone would ask how she was so joyful, “Even in the word hopeless is the word hope, and hope never says “too late”.

 

I knew this woman was a woman of deep faith and she often shared the Psalms with me that she had memorized. And then one day I found a poem in Springs in the Valley by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman, and I wondered if this is where she got her quote. But as I read it, I too was filled with a sweet sense of hope and thankfulness for a God who offers endless love and forever hope. A hope in God is one we can trust and depend on and always be certain, hope never says its too late for hope.

 

“In “hope against hope,” I wait, Lord,

Faced by some fast-barred gate, Lord,

Hope never says, “Too late,” Lord,

Therefore in Thee I hope!

 

“Hope though the night be long, Lord,

Hope of a glowing dawn, Lord,

Morning must break in song, Lord,

For we are “saved by hope.”

-Hope Thou in God!- Hymns of Consecration an Faith

 

 

“Hope Never Says Too Late:, by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© February 28, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment