Monday, February 15, 2016

Little Green Apples


orchards in Chelan WA by Dee Kamp
Little Green Apples

I was making my into a huge cooler of fruits and vegetables at the big box store the other day seeking those out of season fruits we yearn for in winter. As I turned around to examine some fruit I saw a sight that made me giggle and even caused me to speak to a stranger.

The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It’s the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit.” Isaiah 55:10-11 NLT

Standing tall above his shopping cart and awkwardly waving their skinny branches as the man moved about were two sapling fruit trees.

As I am so often prone to do, I spoke to the man between the tree branches and said, “Did you bring them in here to give them the right idea of what they should produce come summer?”

We laughed mutually and he surprised me saying, “It’s a good thing the good Lord knows what to do with them so they’ll grow fruit. I’m new at this and I haven’t a clue how to help them out besides put them in the ground.”

We laughed heartedly and I was so surprised when turning to leave he said, “It was sure great meeting someone who loves life and is cheerful these days― and trusts in Lord to grow little green apples.”

There are no coincidences in life, we know them as divine appointments. I just so happened to have read Isaiah 55 about God’s Word bearing fruit that morning. It’s mysteriously wonderful how His Word will come to our minds when we least expect it, and just in time for that divine appointment God has planned for us.  No, we don’t have a clue how God’s Word will go forth or be received, how it may meet a need or how it destined to bear good fruit― but thankfully we can depend on our Master Gardner, Creator God who does.

 “God’s Word is like refreshing rain

That waters crops and seed;

It brings new life to open hearts,

And meets us in our need.”

–Our Daily Bread, Sper

 

“Little Green Apples” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© February 15, 2016

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment