Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Stay on the Path!


Path at Buschardt Gardens by Dee Kamp
Stay on the Path!
by Dee Kamp
 

“Child, for heaven’s sake stay on the path!” I heard a weary mother say to her very energetic pig-tailed daughter while passing me at the park. But what I heard next from the child’s emotional and exasperated response has stuck with me for years.

Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.”

Psalm 25:4-5 NLT
The little girl who was about four or five years old, said to her mother with all sincerity, “Mommy, what’s a path?”

Are there days where you too not only can’t stay on path, but you aren’t even sure what a path is, where it leads, and how to stay on it?

You’re not alone. But unlike us parents who sometimes forgot to explain things to our children we assume they already know― our loving Father is faithful to give us knowledge and understanding just when we need it most. He is faithful, compassionate to direct and lead us whenever we call out to Him as His child in simple faith.

By reading the Bible and continually learning from it, we will gain the wisdom to perceive God’s direction for our lives.

We may be tempted to dash here and there, but when we are willing to seek God first, we will receive His specific guidance and He will explain to us what the path is with the ability and strength to stay on it.  Every park and path in life we travel, we have His promise we never, ever, walk it alone.

 “All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Stay on the Path!” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© August 2, 2016

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment