Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Relentless Untiring and Determined



 
Mount Baker at Sunrise Easter by Dee Kamp
 
 

Relentless Untiring and Determined
 “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love
for I have my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I will lift up my soul.”
Psalm 143:8 NIV
My friend laughed as I told her the funny story of what really had happened to egg number twelve on that Easter egg hunt many years ago when our five year old grandson visited us.
Relentless, untiring, and determined were the words that came to mind watching him searching for those twelve Easter eggs. But for all his efforts, still one egg remained hidden. He questioned if I hid twelve. But I reminded him there were that many, one of each of Jesus’ disciples. But I didn’t know then what really happened to that one purple egg.

It seems that egg number twelve all painted blue and purple was indeed, really missing. You see the family dog went on her own egg hunt before everyone in the family got up that morning and enjoyed the egg all to herself. The evidence of this were her blue tongue and lips she displayed with her goofy greeting to us long after we all gave up the search. Boy, did we all have a good laugh. I even called the vet to see if the dog had harmed herself. But it only gave the vet a bigger laugh yet-all would well he said.
Just like small children in search of treasure, we too must never tire of seeking Jesus for all the treasure found in the beauty of a personal relationship with Him.
 Relentless, untiring and determined is God in His love for us. The Lord is determined to draw us closer to Him in a personal relationship in the most beautiful and loving ways new every day.
With only a whisper in our weariest moments, while on our knees bent in prayer and repentance with laughter and joy for His blessings, we discover over and over again how God never grows weary of hearing every detail of our lives with Him.
“When my life fell apart I found a raw, real relationship with Christ in the ashes, based on nothing I brought to the table but based on His relentless love. No matter how great our longing is for God it will never come close to His longing for us.” Quoted by: Sheila Walsh

“Relentless, Untiring, Determined” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© April 18, 2017

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment