Friday, April 28, 2017

Little Treasures Along the Way

 
Photo by Dee Kamp
 
Little Treasures Along the Way
 
I stopped on my walk in the park and paused to step aside as the landscaper blew leaves and debris from the path with his hand-blower. Leaves tumbled away, sticks rolled to the side, but he stopped now and then with eyes staring at the ground. What was he looking for I wondered?
 
In that day he will be your sure foundation,
providing a rich store of salvation, wisdom and knowledge.
The fear of the LORD will be your treasure.” Isaiah 33:6 NLT
Then I was surprised to see the gardener stoop down and pick up a muddy penny and brush it off before tucking in his shirt pocket. Next he choose a little red leaf, and last a simple yellow dandelion flower.
 He looked up at me, surprised I was watching him. I smiled knowingly when he said, “Just little treasures along the way to share with my little daughter!”
 
When I was going through a tough time of sorrow it seemed God was more than ever intent on distracting me from my thoughts by little treasurers every day. One day a bird unexpectedly was singing on the windowsill of my kitchen, another time a surprise of a gift was left on my door step from a neighbor, and one day a Psalm 23 experience when as never before, a beautiful deer came to lie down under our apple tree.
 
When the sun shines through spring’s rain filled clouds, when suddenly a double rainbow glows, when we hear a bird’s clear sweet song and someone reaches out in love and friendship, that’s when we see the little treasures God has provided for us all along life's way.
“Trust is born out of knowing three things about God: one that He watches over the details of our lives; two, that He wants to be involved; and three, that He has all the power and resources of heaven and earth at His disposal to supply all that we need. God is enough.” By: Mary Dunham Faulkner, from: Gentle Wisdom for Tough Times
 
“Little Treasures Along the Way” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© April 28, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment