Tuesday, May 9, 2017

He Still Meets With Me Today



 

He Still Meets With Me Today

 There is a seldom used two lane country road running beside the Beaver Valley Store that makes it way upwards in the hills called Larson Lake Road.

 This old road was called Larson Lake Pass in the early days, as the old locals loved to tell us. They would say over and over again, “Many a model T would steam up before it reach the top of that hill. Looks kind of small now, but not to us back then.”

 I loved this little road in those years my husband and I ran the old Beaver Valley Store. The hours we put in were long as we worked from early dawn to late at night. Soon I found this little road became my path to peace, quiet and new strength obtained as I prayed my way to the top alone with the Lord.

 It was kind of scary at times too. Not from people but possible encounters with critters. Once I saw an old black bear-but thankfully, he didn’t see me. I delighted in the spring time to see trillium growing thick along the ground, and bright purple fox glove standing tall and straight along the way. The delicate sword ferns decorated the base of the evergreens and the fragrance was so sweet from the wet cedars.

 Half ways up the road a little spring bubbled out of the side of the hill and I would stop to watch as little birds drank and splashed about, and the swallows dipped to scoop up mud for their nests. In the old days some people even got their water here, as it was good and sweet.

Jesus answered.  Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:13-15 NIV

 Every time we come away alone with the Lord in the secret place in our heart we’ll hear Him say: “Come away with Me beloved, come and drink from My living waters and you’ll never be thirsty or lonely again.”

Now still, when I go for a walks in the morning, even though my footsteps are a bit shaky and slow, I still hear the song of that little singing spring, and rejoice knowing Jesus still meets with me today.

 

He Still Meets With Me Today” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© May 9, 2017 Photo by Dee Kamp

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment