Monday, June 12, 2017

Beauty of Reflection


 

 
Beauty of Reflection
 
          We amateur photographers were called to the challenge of sending in our best shot of the beauty in reflections. Eager to join in the fun I searched my files and found I had several images of skies, clouds, birds and more reflected in the waters of my travels here and there.
    It was then that the obvious came to me― reflections are only possible when the waters are calm.
       Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.” Psalm 62 5-6 NLT
   When we come before the Lord in prayer and be still before Him, we will cultivate a deep abiding trust in Him developing our faith muscles for moments of serenity in the storms of life about us. It is only then His reflection within us is visible to the hearts of others who need Him in that moment the most. 
   Calling on God for peace in our prayer time and tranquility during those windy ruffling moments of life will portray an image of His reflection as only He can do.  
    Just as the still waters reflect the blue skies above, so our stillness in the storms reflect God’s strength and beauty in Him.
“Do not be afraid of silence in your prayer time. It may be that you are meant to listen, not to speak. So wait before the Lord. Wait in stillness….” Amy Carmichael
“Beauty of Reflections” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© June 12, 2017
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment