Monday, May 20, 2013

In The Garden of Our Cares





Gardens of Cannon Beach Conference Center by Dee Kamp

In the Garden of Our Cares

In the little sanctuary of my back yard garden I weed with burning purpose. I know it’s a necessary task to keep ahead of the weeds, but my mind keeps wandering over the weeds of concerns growing by the moment in my heart.

I stab hard with my trowel into the deep rooted weed that’s crowding the strawberry plant. I visualize digging out a deep rooted worry in my heart threatening to squeeze out my joy in the Lord.

In that moment I hear the soft whisper of God in my heart saying, “Its prayer and faith, not trowels that rid weeds of anxiety and find peace in the garden of your heart.”

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on the wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
 they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31 NIV

As if on cue something makes me look up in the bright blue sky. And there gliding majestically above me is the most beautiful bald eagle! The sun highlights his brilliant white head. He is the image of elegance and power at the same time. Now I smile as I witness the sun making his wings appear to glow.

For those who see God everywhere, all the time, these are the moments when you know He has sent you a hug. You are reminded of the promises and truth of His Word. 

Thinking of things which are above lifts the cares from one’s heart. In these moments a confident knowing about God's beautiful character is instilled in one’s heart.

God is for us, He is always with us. We are never left alone to dig out and weed out the garden of cares in our heart.

“And He will raise you up on eagle’s wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His hand.”
—African Song

“In the Garden of our Cares” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© May 20, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment