Friday, November 22, 2013

Call On Me First


 
 
Call On Me First

When we need help, advice or comfort, the first thing we seem to do is to call someone we know and can trust. This drive to call on our phone, text or write on the internet for help kicks our emotions into action faster than a strong bolt of Starbucks coffee. But the question is—who does one call first and who will answer first?

 I will answer them before they even call to me.

While they are still talking about their needs,

 I will go ahead and answer their prayers!”

 Isaiah 65:24 NLT

When I was a teenager (well before cell phones) and I was about to go out with friends or on a date my father would say, “Here’s some money to call me. Call me first thing, call me from any place, at any hour I’ll be there.”

God is eagerly waiting for us to call Him first. Our Heavenly Father is never out of reach, range, nor ever out of touch. Quicker than our fingers can text, faster than we can punch in a name in speed dial God is here for us. By His Word He speaks gently to remind us―“Call on Me First.”

Oh, I used to talk to Him when I was very small.

Then I grew up and got too busy

And felt I didn’t need Him much at all.

 The days went by and there was so much to do,

New friends, new things and adventures to try

And yet, I had an empty feeling inside me too.

I was unfilled in my soul, sad in my heat and my life caved in

But the moment I met Jesus and I was freed

I became like a child calling on Him all over again.

―Anonymous

“Call Me First!” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© November 22, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment