Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Perfect Recipe

The Perfect Recipe
The holidays are heading our way fast. I can fancy recipes being pulled out of three by five file boxes, cook books opened up to stained and well used pages. There are family favorites spoken and handed down from one generation to the next to be enjoyed all over again.
Looking for the perfect recipe this holiday? Perhaps not one for pie or cookies or turkey but one for life that has been designed especially for you! One with steps easy to follow, so simple a child can follow and understand them. A recipe with the promise of perfect results every time?
"Teach me your decrees, O LORD; I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions; I will put them into practice with all my heart. Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found. (Psalm 119:33-35 NLT).
I love to bake and create in the kitchen. Sweet memories rise up in my heart of kitchens past filled with camaraderie and good cheer. Where victories were applauded, traumas and trials cut up to size one could managed. Where all was covered in prayer, sprinkled with love and laughter too. When each thing shared was clasped with understanding, and caressed with compassion.
How interesting that a recipe is fashioned much like God's Word with step by step directions tried and true if adhered to.  
When we read our Bible and follow the instructions carefully the results are miraculous, quite amazing and always in good taste. God’s perfect recipe for life is heart healthy, soul restoring with His promise for a perfect heavenly outcome.
Old Tried and True Recipe
Take a dash of water cold. And a little leaven of prayer
And a little bit of morning gold, dissolved in the morning air.
Add to your meal some merriment, and a thought of kith and kin'
And then as your prime ingredient a plenty of work thrown in.
But spice it all with the essence of love and a little whiff of play;
Let a wise Old Book and a glance above complete the well-made day.
(This is from my grandmother's old recipe book-author unknown)
“Perfect Recipe” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© November 26, 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment