Monday, December 2, 2013

I"ll Never Let Go!


 
I’ll Never Let Go!

The first time I went ice skating as a child my ankles were ridiculously turned inward to my body. My arms were flapping about for balance, and half the time my eyes were closed in anticipation of falling down.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,

 If I settle on the far side of the sea,

even there your hand will guide me,

your right hand will hold me fast.”

Psalms 139:9-10 NIV

 

But for this new event in my life, I had a very good friend and teacher. One who I knew would never-ever- let go of me.

Jesus is faithful all through our lives, but in those the times when we are thrown off balance to stand on our own two feet, we can count on our Friend Jesus to hold us up and never let go of us.

He’s the blanket for the comfort for our souls, and a pillow for our sorrows when the nights are long and cold. His arms are strong and sure where we will find rest and strength to skate around life’s crazy ice rinks. 

On slippery ice these days? Feeling weak in the ankles and wobbly on your feet? That’s when we’ll hear that still small voice in our heart say, “Take my hand, I’m your Friend and I’ll never-ever let you go.”

With faith of His love I know

I’ll hear Him whisper “I’ll never let go.”

Then clinging to His guiding hand

I’m confident in His strength I’ll stand

“I’ll Never Let Go” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© December 2, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment