Monday, December 30, 2013

Art of Faith

 
Art of Faith
 
Many of us love art and craft fairs.  I go to admire the talent and creations but also go for inspiration to re-create some artful beauty of my own. One I attended this year had a great deal of creative talent in many mediums.

 But what caught my eye and intrigued me was a framed work of art of words written in beautiful calligraphy of the Ten Commandments.

Then it came to mind that so often  what I have read that day in my Bible God will come forth in some way to give me one of  God's  important life lessons.

 
When the LORD finished speaking with Moses on Mount Sinai,

 he gave him the two stone tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant,

 written by the finger of God.” Exodus 31:18

 
Since the day God first delivered His hand-carved edition of the His Ten Commandments, others have placed them as cornerstones on buildings, drawn and painted them into works of art, made them into jewelry, and sewn and woven them skillfully to be enjoyed. 

 My thoughts as I observed the lovely piece of art that day was my lesson from God on how His Word is intended to do more than decorate buildings, walls and hang as jewelry around our necks but recreate our hearts to be in the likeness in the beauty of His love, of His Son.

 The Word of God is not about the beauty we can create, but all about God recreating the spiritual art of great faith and beauty in us.

  “The Word of God well understood and religiously obeyed is the shortest route to spiritual perfection. And we must not select a few favorite passages to the exclusion of others. Nothing less than a whole Bible can make a whole Christian.” A.W. Tozer

 
“The Art of God’s Word” By Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© December 30, 2013

 

No comments:

Post a Comment