Thursday, November 21, 2013

Being watched From Above


Watched from Above by Dee Kamp
 
 
Being Watched from Above

It was a cold and blustery November day when I climbed the sand caked steps up from the ocean beach to the main street of this quaint Oregon Coast town. My eyes constantly scanned every building, garden, alley, nook and cranny for fresh photo opportunities. I never know what will pop up next. It’s like a treasure hunt every time I walk around with my camera.

And as this thought was floating over my mind I turned up a little side street and saw an unusually large old building taking up half the block. It looked Victorian in style and stood an impressive three stories tall. The siding was unpainted and its storm weathered shingles were faded to a soft heather gray. I stood studying the unusual angles of the shingled peak windows when I felt as if I was being watched from above.

I look up to the mountains-does my help come from there?

 My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!

 He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber…

The LORD himself watches over you!”

Psalm 121:1-3, 5 NLT

 

I noticed one window jutting out from the house and ran up the side of the building all three stories. As my eyes rose up looking at each floor observing plants and things setting in the windows my eyes flew open at what I saw on the third floor― a face was staring down at me!

I laughed as I made eye contact with a beautiful Australian Shepherd dog. He had a high and lofty place to sit unnoticed observing the tourists as they walked by. I wondered how many people never realized they were being watched over from above.

As I lifted my camera to take a picture the dog’s head turned down to look at me in curiosity and tipped to the side in pure cuteness.  I felt certain this doggie in the window was a delightful reminder from the Lord that though we may not see Him from His high and lofty place, He is always continually watching over us from above.

“Being Watched Over from Above” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© November 21, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment