Monday, September 8, 2014

Joy Overflowing


Bubbling Streams by Dee Kamp
 
Joy Overflowing
 
         God’s gift of joy in us is like a shaken soda pop, a bubbling up joy that inhabits our hearts no matter where we are, who we are with or any circumstances and situations going on around us.

            “So I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow.” John 16:9-11 NLT

            Our heavenly Father has made joy possible by His Holy Spirit who fills our hearts with a love for Him. Jesus promised peace and its fruit― holy joy.

            This joy is not that happy feeling which depends on happenings. Holy joy is a gift from God placed eternally in the hearts of believers of the Good News of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

            Not time, nor age or worldly circumstances can take away this beautiful holy joy from us.

            “Can you imagine the witness that goes out into the world when you live each day with so much joy? The happiness of Jesus cannot be taken from you. It is a joy that lasts.” —Andrew Murray Daily in His Presence

 

Joy Overflowing” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© April 2, 2012 rewrite September 8, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment