Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Perfect Companion

Newport Oregon Bridge by Dee Kamp
Perfect Companion

We’ve been on a journey in our motor home now for nearly a month, but also for me it’s been a journey of the heart.

 In the mornings I still rise early to be alone with God and feel I’m in His presence even in this faraway place. As I shield my eyes from the bright morning sun I sense His presence and know God is my constant Companion in all transitions and journeys in this life.

You have searched me LORD and know you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive y thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.” Psalm 139:1-6 NIV


He guides my steps, He hems me in behind and before, and yet miraculously is always by my side. I am stunned by this, that no matter the everywhere life leads us in journeys of roads and places, and journeys of trials and circumstances, God is already there, and yet always right here beside us too.

God, it seems, will chose to most unfamiliar, unknown and unpromising places in which to reveal Himself in might and power to always encourage us to go forward. God is the perfect Companion for every transition and journey in our lives.

 “Let God find you. Listen for His voice. Turn aside and see the bush that burns but is not consumed. You will find the journey easier when you travel with a Companion.” ―Jane Rubietta, Quiet Places

“Perfect Companion” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© September 17, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment