Wednesday, September 24, 2014

There's a Lesson in Every Blessing


Path to the Light  by Dee Kamp
 
There's a Lesson in Every Blessing

In our travels this summer, my husband Bill and I went for a drive several miles beyond our campground into a small town called Packwood which is snuggled in the foothills of the Cascades Mountains.  A name which describes the town’s commerce of logging to a tee.

It’s a friendly community where everyone greets you with a smile, and where as a stranger you gawk at Roosevelt Elk wandering all over the town.

 We’d been on the road for some time and I missed those I meet with back at home regularly to share the Word of God and the joy of the Lord. So far our camp ground and visits had been as dry as the desert.

So I prayed God would put someone like this in my path soon. Well, I forgot all about this request, but Jesus did not and I was about to have a most delightful divine appointment.

When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith,

but I also want to be encouraged by yours.” Acts 1:12 NLT

 

On the way I spotted a thrift on the way out of town. I can’t pass up a thrift shop for all those little treasures I might discover. As I roamed the bookshelves a woman who volunteers there walked up to greet me. Her bright eyes and smile was so warm and genuine that though we were strangers before I knew it we were sharing the love of Jesus and Scriptures we love.  We laughed, held hands and both said nearly at once, “You are just what I needed today!”

Her joy was contagious! I was so thankful for her willingness to share her passion for the Lord. Yes, my prayer had been answered, but as the Lord always does with me, He shows me there is a simple, but profound lesson in every blessing.

 I was reminded that it’s good to hide His Word in our heart but also remember to share it with others so they too will be encouraged and blessed like you!

“There's a Lesson in Every Blessing” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© September 24, 2014

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment