Monday, July 27, 2015

The Glory List








The Glory List

I worked with a woman several years ago who had been a widow for about one year when we met, had four teenagers along with one daughter in college, all still living at home.

 When I asked her how she managed all these challenges on her own and still stay so positive she replied, "Oh, I don’t manage anything on my own. I write down what I need on my glory list and I give the list to Jesus. The longer the list, the more opportunities I have to glorify Him! I never want to make my list too short that would show my lack of faith, so I go all out."

She continued to share her faith saying, "You can't imagine the peace I have once I give it all to Jesus. He knows what's best for me, even if I don't. Things often turn out different from my glory list, but I always have all that I need. My choices would be far too emotional; Jesus makes wise choices that will stand the test of time, and I’ve learned to trust in Him.”

In time the children moved out and it became apparent to her that she needed to sell her big family home and buy one she could manage better.  One day she asked me to pray with her for what she had just written down on her new glory list.

I sighed to myself, as I saw selling the home fast was number one on the list and number two was finding another smaller, more affordable home in the same area and all to happen at the same time. Sell her home in this market and find another for the little money she would have left over? Impossible I thought. I fear she is setting herself up to be disappointed.

Sing praises to God and to his name! Sing loud praises to him who rides the clouds. His name is the LORD- rejoice in his presence! Father to the fatherless, defender of widows-this is God, whose dwelling is holy," Psalm 68:4-5 NLT

What a wonderful life lesson in faith I was about to witness with my friend. For to my surprise, her home sold in less than two weeks! And you guessed it, she also secured an option to buy the perfect little house right down the street just like what was written on her glory list.

 
“When the details and difficulties of life surround us, we must do the unnatural thing. We must run to the Lord with thanksgiving and praise on our lips, cling tenaciously to Him, and be overwhelmed with the Shepherd by the peace and the contentment of His presence.”—Phyllis Bengas, Intimate Moments

 

 “The Glory List” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© July 27, 2015.
 














 “The Glory List” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© July 27, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment