Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Living in the Kingdom Light


 
 
Living in the Kingdom Light

I rise before the dawn waiting for the sun to make its way over the eastern ridge of hills thick with salted predawn fog.  I turn to the west where the dullness of the sand dune grasses and the flat colored sea wait to soon be transformed.

I catch my breath as the rising sun spreads its fingers of light over the dune grasses turning them to shades of gold and the sea now blue with white iridescent waves.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world.

 Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

John 8:12 NIV

 

A little sparrow lifts its head singing brightly as the sun spreads all around him.  And the Holy Spirit prompts me to wonder all over again how God sent His Kingdom Light into a dark world; our Savior, His beloved Son, Jesus.

 “…giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” Colossians 1:12-14 NIV

“I will pull you out into the Light again. I will gently cleanse you, washing off the clinging mire. I will cover you with My righteousness and walk with you down the path of Life.” Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

“Living in His Kingdom Light” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries May 25, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment