Thursday, May 5, 2016

God's Surprising Plan 'B'



 
 
God’s Surprising Plan ‘B’

Another Beaver Valley Store Story! 

The Beaver Valley country store we owned back in the 80’s had a spectrum of goods and services. After a couple of hard worked years we still needed something more we could depend on to bring in customers. I couldn’t think of anything what so ever we could add to the many services we had that would help solve this problem. What we needed now-was a plan ‘B’.  I prayed to God right then and there for hope, for a plan of His design.  

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 NLT

It came to attention from my meditation as I heard the little bells on the store door chime their notice someone was coming inside. I looked up to see one of the most cheerful salesman we learned to trust and love and look forward to each week. He had stirred us to good stock choices that had help establish our business.

“Hey, how are you today? I’ve something special to share with you. Our company has something for you little stores in these lean times.  It’s what we call plan ‘B’. It the perfect time to add espresso coffee for sale to your customers.”

“Did you say, plan ‘B’?” I said too surprised to hear what else he was saying. “I shook my head and said, “Oh, that’s a new coffee fad for the city folks.”

“Not so! Let me explain show you a few statistics and a way it can be done reasonably. It will surprise you who wants these special coffees, and you’ll be the first in the area for miles to have espresso for sale.”  

I listened, I followed up on facts and before I knew it, a big shiny Italian espresso machine I called affectionately as Goliath, arrived with cups, lids, coffee and condiments and special training for us all. To our delight it was an overwhelming success!

 People began to calling in their orders from home to be picked up one their way to work. Big burly log truck drivers asked for it to be extra hot for those cold morning starts. In summer came the fishermen, hikers, and bicyclist, and the local farm hands who were haying and very surprised tourist from the city too.

 When someone would ask about the Italian espresso machine we had, I would smile and say, “Oh, Goliath is God’s surprising plan ‘B’”.

“If we have God’s assurance behind us the most amazing strength becomes ours, and we learn to sing, glorifying Him even in the ordinary days of our life.” Oswald Chambers- My Utmost for His Highest.

“God’s Surprising Plan ‘B’” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© May 5, 2016

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment