Thursday, January 19, 2017

Little Scraps-Big Blessings


 
Snow on Lilacs by Dee Kamp
 
Little Scraps― Big Blessings

I’m shaking my head trying to figure out exactly what it is I’m holding. I was searching through the little book cupboard and a blank envelope fell out. There was nothing written on it and I had no idea what’s in it and why would I keep it.
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken,
let us be thankful and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,
for our “God is a consuming fire.”
Hebrews 12:28-29 NIV
 
It took a moment to realize these scraps of paper were from our 2016 blessing jar. We started it last January by jotting down all things that we were thankful for and how God had blessed us. Those scraps of paper I held in my hand made me smile and joy filled my heart. For you see it held not just the big things that we are obviously thankful for, but also there were the little things that meant so much to us and get us through some tough times.

This blessing jar should have been labeled with the confident title of- Jehova-jireh- our Lord who will provide.

 So there we were surprised and overwhelmed with thankfulness over scraps of paper bearing blessings galore. They were reminders all over again how God is in the smallest details of our life. To recall with a humble heart of God’s goodness and mercy and of His unfailing love revealed in all circumstances. It’s true, little scraps of paper saved away can later remind us of really big blessings throughout the year.

 “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” G. K. Chesterton

 

“Little Scraps Big Blessings” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© January 19, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment