Wednesday, March 29, 2017

But She Wasn't Alone


 
 

 But She Wasn't Alone
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.” Psalm 143:8 NIV
 
 

The petite little girl, about age eight, walked herself down the tree lined dark dirt road. It was a half mile in the predawn gloom to her school bus stop. There was always the risk encounter of a coyote or even a bear. But she wasn’t alone.

Beside her, assuring her with the consistent bump of his broad shoulders, was Caleb her faithful Labrador retriever. Caleb walked her to the end of the road not moving an inch until he saw her safely board the school bus. He did this until he was old and gray.  

Jesus promised He would never leave us or forsake us, no matter our circumstances, our age, or the dark roads we must sometimes travel. He is the Light in our valley of darkness. His Word is a lamp unto our feet and light unto our path. (Psalm 119:105)

God’s compassion never fails, His mercies are new every day and He will provide all that we need for the journey, even as He did with one big Labrador retriever for one small child.

“Be assured that I never abandon any of My children, not even temporarily. I will never leave you or forsake you! My Presence watches over you continually. I have engraved you on the palms of My Hands.” from Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young

“But She Wasn’t Alone” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries © March 29, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment