Thursday, March 9, 2017

Worshiping Down by the Sea





Worshiping Down by the Sea

It had been an exhausting day and the rain just wouldn’t quit pouring down. I had my camera ready for every stop my husband was making so I could hopefully catch some good pictures of the ocean, surf and even people that day at Long Beach, WA.  I was about to quit as I was sure this dull gray day and pouring rain could only get worse. But, my dear husband, Bill, the constant encourager, said we were to make one last stop at the famous board walk in town.

When we arrived I was pleased to see the clouds were parting and the shy winter sun was changing the scenery all around from the ocean to the dune grasses from dull to dazzling!

People came out from everywhere eager to get outside and for a jaunt down the boardwalk too. My goodness they were happy! Everyone smiled at you, waved and the place came alive.

I walked alone further ahead of Bill to try and get a good picture of just the boardwalk without the crowds. As I looked in the lens of my camera to the far end I was surprised to see one lone figure there. It was a woman leaning on her elbows and her bent down resting on them.

Oh dear, I thought , I’ll just have to keep going a bit further for this picture.  Just as I was about to pass by her head popped up and I found her smiling brilliantly right at me as if she expected I’d be there. I was curious as to what she held there in hand that she waving enthusiastically my way. Why it was a little Bible!

“Oh, I see you are reading God’s Word today,” I said smiling back.

“Yes. And I just found the verse I was looking for. Do you see it? We are here as far west as you can go, right? And if you look over that way it’s the east, isn’t it? Just imagine that’s how far God’s love reaches out to forgive us. It says so right here in Psalm 103:11-12. I’ll read it for you.

And without waiting for my response she began to read in an excitable voice.

For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is a great as the height of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.”
I smiled back and said, “That’s so true! Thanks for sharing with me. I’m glad I met you just now.”

“You my dear,” she said looking directly into my eyes, “Have the joy of the Lord all over you! Have a truly wonderful day, and a blessed life.”

Amazing how God will place people, in your path when you least expect it, but always it seems ,just when you need it the most.  So for now on, whenever I gaze to the west and off to the east, I'll recall Psalm 103 and the joy of meeting this special woman as she worshiped the Lord down by the sea.

Hebrews 13:1-2 “Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters. Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done tis have entertained angels without realizing it.

 

“Worshiping Down by the Sea” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© March 9, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment