Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hidden Lakes


Mountain Lake by Dee Kamp
 
Hidden Lakes

How do I describe the first moment of surprise when coming around the bend on the high mountain trail to see the hidden lake in its pure untouched beauty?

Tears of joy will stream down their faces, and I will lead them home with great care.

They will walk beside quiet streams and on smooth paths where they will not stumble…

They will come home and sing songs of joy on the heights of Jerusalem.

They will be radiant because of the LORD’s good gifts―”

Jeremiah 31:9, 12 NLT

 

I had been afraid for a long time about heights. But that summer as a teenager I had the opportunity to climb with a small group in the Olympic Mountains. Though we would be led by a professional guide for the overnight trip― I was still very afraid.

            I was young and healthy and prepared physically for the hike. But not prepared at all for how my heart would leap for joy and tears would spill from my eyes at the sight of such pristine splendor. It was one of God’s most memorable lessons for me.

Let us aspire to go higher, upward and beyond. Let the Lord lead us to higher ground to live at our best and know we never go it alone.  

Though steepness and ruggedness may discourage us, the Lord does not want us to stay in the valley but walk on, walk up the mountains we face in life. He never asks us to take giant leaps but one baby step at a time with Him.  

If we stay in the mists of the valley we’ll never discover the mystery and beauty of hidden lakes and more of what God is eager for us to discover with faith in Him.

“Hidden Lakes” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© January 2, 2014

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment