Friday, January 31, 2014

Light of Hope





Light of Hope

Walking through the shadows of the Olympic Peninsula Rain Forest I marveled at the three hundred foot Sitka spruce trees. I felt as if I stepped into God’s cathedral. The trees were so tall sun light struggled to touch the bottom of the forest floor. All was silent, we whispered rather than spoke aloud. We felt as if something significant was about to happen― and then it did.

The clouds parted and the weak stream of light transitioned to brilliant golden rays bringing new sights and delights to our eyes that had been hidden in the shadows.

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world.

 If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness,

because you will have the light that leads to life.” John 8:12 NLT

 

The moss hanging from the trees sparkled with droplets of sunshine looking every bit like a string of Christmas tree lights. Looking beneath the tree I saw a thin pathetic looking wild flower. Oh how it needed and depended on the power of the sunlight to survive and live.

Jesus calls himself the Light of the world. He is the Light that shines faithfully to guide us and strengthen us with hope through our darkest hours.

He is our pillar of Light to shield us from our enemies and lead us to victories when we turn and lift our hearts to Him― our Light of hope.

Like the weak stemmed flower

I have  hidden in the shadows

Of my sadness and sorrows

But Jesus came in my crisis hour

Bringing His love Light in sunlit showers

Filling my heart with hope by His power

His love lights my day and all my tomorrows.

 

“Light of Hope” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© January 31, 2014
 

No comments:

Post a Comment