Monday, February 3, 2014

"Come to the Secret Place"


 
 
 
Come to the Secret Place

In the confusion and the clamor of the kitchen activity that day long ago when I was young, I saw her standing at the kitchen window with her eyes closed. There were both arguments and confusion in amongst our family all around her, and one might think she was overcome and ill.

But I didn’t worry about my grandmother, , for she told me that in moments like this she would simply go to Jesus in her secret place.  

 

How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you.

You lavish it on those who come to you for protection,

blessing them before the watching world.”

Psalm 31:19 NLT

 

What I learned from Grandma’s faith was a valuable life lesson. One could be refreshed and strengthened and in the presences of Jesus anywhere and at any time―even in a kitchen filled with confusion!

 

When problems and unresolved issues become a burden too great to deal with and there seems no peace, be still and simply slip away to that secret place with Jesus. He’ll always be waiting there.  

 

When there is nothing left in the world and we feel the poorest of all, that’s the time we can count on our Friend and Companion to be there for us. He’ll be our shelter, our strength and put a lightness in our step to carry on.

 

Listen and hear Jesus say, “Come to the secret place with Me. You are richer and more loved than you can ever imagine or think.”

 

Many things about tomorrow

I don’t seem to understand;

But I know He knows my sorrows,

And I know who holds my hand.

 

“Come to the Secret Place” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© February 3, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment