Thursday, February 6, 2014

Even Pussy Willows


Spring's Beauty by Dee Kamp
 
Even Pussy Willows

I looked out my window feeling it’s a stretch to find something I think as lovely today, to see any beauty in this drab gray day. I’d just read Philippians 4:8 and I bent my head to pray. “Lord show me something to chase my blues away.”

Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.” Philippians 4:8 NIV

When we can’t see the forest for the trees, when skies are bleak and gray and the sun refuses to shine, what will lift our spirits is lifting up our hearts to Jesus and pray. With all abandon of those negative thoughts just do it-pray it- and look forward to it-the Lord can bless us in the most surprising ways.

I looked outside again and something caught my eye coming down the road. It was the little five year old neighbor girl from up the street. I smiled at her cuteness, for she wasn’t walking-she was skipping all the way to our door.

I opened the glass sliding door to greet her and she thrust up her hands filled with what looked like dry twigs.  I was puzzled at first and then she shouted loudly, “Look Dee! Pussy willows! I got them in my yard for you!”

Even a hand full of pussy willows can lift ones spirit and shoo the blues right out the door. With that smile, with the joy of seeing the child’s fresh discovery I knew the Lord had heard my little prayer.

It’s not riches or gold, it’s not fame or feelings, it knowing in our heart God hears our little prayers and as much as our big ones. The Lord loves it when we bring all things in prayer to Him―the big and the small.

 Like a loving Father He delights in our companionship and is able to bring us something or someone to lift our spirits, shoo away the blues ―even pussy willows when we least expect it.

Sense of the Beautiful: A person should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and

see a fine picture every day of their life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.―Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

 

“Even Pussy Willows” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© February 6, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment