Friday, February 28, 2014

Eyes of Our Heart





Eyes of Our Heart

              My husband had been giving me these odd glances all day long. I promised myself when I wasn’t so busy I’d ask him about it. I had a lot on my heart at the moment with family and work, but I knew if it was really important he would just come and say so.

            At dinner that night as I set the food on the table I looked over to see my husband holding a piece of white paper in front of his face with a beard drawn on it. What on earth? He slid the paper down and his eyes twinkled as he smiled mysteriously at me. That’s when I noticed he had shaved off his beard which he had worn for years!

            “When did you do that? Was it this morning?” I asked about to go on with the meal. But his answer caught me by surprise when he said, “No dear, two weeks ago!”

 

“You love him even though you have never seen him.

 Though you do not see him now, you trust him;

and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.

The reward or trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.”

1 Peter 1:8-9

 

            Working day in and day out with many responsibilities, duties and burdens can dull our vision for the love Jesus has for us.  Stress, confrontations, personal issues all can cloud our senses and make us to not see all God wants for us in His Son Jesus.

            Jesus told his disciple Thomas, who came to believe after touching the resurrected Christ, “Blessed are those who believe without seeing me” (John 20:29).

            Let us never allow anything that tries to blind us, divides us or destroy our oneness with Jesus. There is no clouding the vision of the heart who trusts in Jesus.

            We can depend on God in the midst of our busy lives to stop us in our tracks and make us to see Him in the sunrise, the gift of a rainbow, in the unexpected acts of kindness and the  love of others when we least expect it.

            Though we can’t see Him with our eyes, it’s His gift of faith to us that we see Him with our heart.  

 

“Eyes of Our Heart” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© February 28, 2014

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment