Monday, March 3, 2014

Children Let Me Lead the Way


 
 

Photo: Lambs by Dee Kamp

Children Let Me Lead the Way

          I watched with tenderness as the mother of three little ones strived to keep them close and make their way through the enormous crowd of people after the local parade. I was following and I could see the children starting to get frustrated and even afraid. They were beginning to tug against her in a senseless effort to find their own way.

       But then the mother stopped no matter the pushing crowd, stooped down and I heard her say, “Children, let me lead the way”. With that the children’s head’s popped up and they let her lead them to a safe place where they could stop and rest.

            Our frustrations and fears are but shadows that drift before us trying to confuse us and make us stumble along the way. But we can be assured that when we lift up our hearts and look to Jesus, He is able to shine His brightness, give us hope and lead the way to find our rest.

            He says to us each new day, “Child, let Me lead the way”

 

Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:

The faithful love of the LORD never ends!

His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness;

his mercies begin afresh each morning.

I say to myself,  “The LORD is my inheritance;

Therefore, I will hope in him!”

Lamentations 3:21-24

 

“Children Let Me Lead the Way” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© March 3, 2014

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment