Thursday, March 13, 2014

Life is a Surprise Soup de Jour


Woodland Waterfall by Dee Kamp

Life is a Surprise Soup de Jour

            I gaze at the menu at the new restaurant I’m at and smile at the menu’s clever words “surprise soup de jour today”.  Jour is the French word for “day” and I am wondering what surprise soup of the day in my journey  that the Lord has in mind for me.

Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth! Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.”

 Isaiah 43:19 NLT

 

            The journey of life is a daily-ness of the trip, the step-by-step process of transitions, twists and turns. But we don’t walk it alone, a pilgrim in a foreign land with no direction or plan. God has a plan and we can trust on Him to hold our hand and get us there. 

            As I ponder God’s Word today and wonder not what’s in the surprise soup at this restaurant, but what surprises does God have for me. And if I am reluctant and afraid to trust Him, will I then miss something wonderful He has in mind for me?

            God calls to us, His beloved, not just to safeness but something much higher, always forward, always upward.    

            One of the great mysteries of God it seems, is that He will choose the most unpromising and unlikely places along our way in which to reveal Himself in might and power to encourage us to keep going forward.

            Life is a soup de jour all right. But this we can depend on, God, our Creator, knows every ingredient it contains. He has everything we need to get there, every twist and turn, even when a little extra hot spice in our soup surprises us. For this we know, there are no surprises for God.

 

“Life is a Soup de Jour” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© March 13, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment