Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Not Look Down at our Feet


 
 
Look Not Down At Our Feet

“Uh huh, no looking down at your feet now. Lift your head up and look straight ahead of you," said the nurse holding on to me.

Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.

 Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path.” Proverbs 5:24-25 NLT

 
Recently this was my experience and when the nurse said to fix my eyes on the way ahead I thought instantly of how God’s Word said exactly this

Sometimes we find, even as adults, we need to learn how to walk all over again.  Many of us can relate to that moment of unbelief shortly after a surgery when the nurse says with gusto, “It’s time to get you up and go walking!”

When I was looking down at my own efforts to make each foot move ahead I would get dizzy and become unsteady. Re-learning to walk, taking new steps outside our comfort zone and experiencing brand new circumstances in life can pull us quickly off balance. But if we fix our eyes on God, then our feet won’t falter, and faith will lead the way.

 God promises to walk every step of the way with us and provide whatever we need to get us there if we’ll look up to Him and not down at our feet.

“Not Look Down at Our Feet” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© March 26, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment