Monday, March 31, 2014

If Only




 

Wagon Loaded with Flowers By: Dee Kamp
 
If Only

     Recently our neighbor called asking us to watch for a package to be delivered and said, “Would you sign for it and keep it with you until I can pick it up later this evening?”

     “No problem!” we both declared. For helping out this kindly neighbor was our delight.

     Later in the day my husband caught the delivery man, signed for the small, but rather heavy box, and brought it on home. We set it on the kitchen counter for our neighbor’s return. But we were to be very surprised by what was in that box and by her reaction when she came to pick it up!
How can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him?
And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him?
And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?
And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent?
That is why the Scriptures say,
“How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!” Romans 10: 14-15 NLT

 
     At the knock on the door that evening we let our neighbor in and as we handed her the package, she just stood there frozen in place. All was quiet as she stared down at the package in her arms, and then―she began to weep!

     We were caught off guard by this emotional demonstration and I quickly threw my arms around her wondering what on earth was in that package!

     She clung to the box, put her head on my shoulder and cried harder as she said, “These are my mother’s ashes. She just passed away in Arizona last week.”

     Many times I’ve been frustrated with thinking of the people I could reach if only. Then God reminded me to look around right where I am. Here was a woman with a heavy load to carry back home. Now was the perfect time to share the Good News of how much Jesus loves her and how He will be her the strength to carry all her burdens.

    When I whispered the Good News, her story of hope, she gave me a big smile.  

    Sharing the Good News with another is like one person helping another discover a way to carry a heavy load.

“If Only” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© March 31, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment