Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Beauty of Psalm Twenty Three






Spring Valley Sheep Farm by Dee Kamp


The Beauty of Psalm Twenty Three

              Before I face each day, before I come face to face with another, I find my peace, my joy and new strength when I come face to face with God first.

            Often I find myself reciting the twenty third Psalm. And to my surprise, and delight, it speaks something new to me each and every time that I do.

            Psalm twenty three is a beautiful word picture of who God is, and all He is able to do for us who trust in Him.

            So today I share one of King David’s most well-known songs inspired by God. One least understood or appreciated by those who see the words but don’t hear the music of God’s pure love flowing out to touch our hearts in His beautiful and mysterious way.

            Hear God speak into your heart through His Word and by His Holy Spirit as you read these timeless words again. And may the beauty of the Psalm twenty three bless you in a new and refreshing way today.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not be in want;

He makes me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.

You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Psalm 23:1-6 NIV

 

“The Beauty of Psalm Twenty Three” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© March 4, 2014

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment