Monday, March 10, 2014

Peace to the Rescue





Peace Comes to the Rescue

            I couldn’t get the poor panicked dog running wildly in circles about our large fenced yard. He was in a mess of fear and panic. He had slipped in through the driveway gate and now was racing around trying to find a way back out to the road and back to his home.  He couldn’t see I was the one to come to his rescue.

            I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” John 15:27 NLT

            Peace is our amazing gift from the Father and is our confident assurance that His peace is for us in any circumstance we may find ourselves facing.

             With Christ’s peace we have no need to fear the present or the future. Fear, uncertainty, and doubt may come at the most unexpected time and we can feel as confused and lost as that poor pup in my yard.

             But when we call out to Jesus, His peace will move into our heart to calm us down long enough to see He has sent someone to our rescue. Its peace that comes to our rescue.

            It took a bit of waving my arms and carrying on to get the dog’s attention but when I did he stopped and stared with big wild eyes at me and then he became calm as can be and just sat down. I calmly spoke to him and I lead him back through open gate and to his home once again.

God’s peace is our sure thing

When we are in a mess

 He calms us and shows us the way

No matter how we are put to the test.

 

“Peace Comes to the Rescue” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© March 10, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment