Monday, February 10, 2014

No Muscles Needed

Swirling Tides by Dee Kamp
 
No Muscles Needed

As I sat in our car waiting for my husband to finish an errand I could see  through the window of a local health club a young woman  running hard and fast on a treadmill. I imagined her building up her endurance and muscles for an upcoming marathon.

That’s when I heard that small voice in my heart from the Lord saying, “It doesn’t take muscles to give another’s heart a lift.”

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up,

just as in fact you are doing.”

1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV

 

Day after day, when sorrow and raw emotions were my constant companions during the time of a great loss in my life I would receive phone messages, cards in the mail and even notes stuck on the back porch door, saying “Thinking of you”; “I love you”; “You are not alone”; “Jesus is near”.

These thoughtful ones were working on building my faith muscles when all my strength was gone. That was years ago but I have never forgotten one single word of encouragement when I needed it the most.

Encouragement helps ones faith to hold fast when you can’t get a grip on anything. It will give peace in the swirling clouds of heartbreak, discouragement, fear and confusion. Encouragement is the love of Jesus wrapped in compassion, mercy and empathy.

 It doesn’t take muscles or money to lift another’s heart.  It can never be too simple to be significant in the moment it’s needed the most, and it will part of someone’s memories for a long, long time.

 

“No Muscles Needed” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© February 10, 2014

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment