Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Our Great Burden Bearer


Basket full of flowers by Dee Kamp
Our Great Burden Bearer

The Autumn L.L. Bean catalogue arrived the other day. Several pages have a bold promise of backpacks that will ease away one’s heavy burden by its new ergonomic designs. This new back pack doesn’t take way the burden, it just shifts the load a bit.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if someone would come up to you, lift and carry away what is burdening not what’s on your back, but your heart? Well Good News! There is One who is able and desires more than anything to be our burden bearer!

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I a humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11:28 NLT

Young or old, we still carry around too much stuff, too many burdens weighing us down. Burdens that can’t be stuffed in a backpack, but we over pack into our heart.

When anxieties and cares about ourselves and our dear loved ones weigh us down.

When the cares of our body and soul are on heavy on our heart.

When those things in this world bring anxiety and rob us of peace and strength, that’s when it’s time to not just shift the load but hand it all over to Jesus.

When Jesus takes the load from our shoulders and onto His we do not face one trial or trouble alone. That’s His guarantee, that’s His supreme heavenly design for our lives.

Jesus is our great burden-bearer.

I love to dwell upon the thought

How Jesus cares for me

It matters not what burdens I bring

He carries them all and loves me tenderly.

 

 

“Our Great Burden Bearer” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© July 30, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment